- In addition to the classic Chicago Pilsener, Baderbrau now makes several other "crushable" beers.
For Chicagoans back in the late 80s/early 90s, Baderbrau Pilsener was the go-to brew.
It was the area's original craft beer, but unfortunately, the Pavichevich Brewing Company wasn't able to make it, going under in the '90s.
After a brief resurfacing of the brew by Goose Island, the recipe became lost over time.
Enter Rob Sama. A homebrewer and a Baderbrau fan from his college days, he wanted to make a fan site about the beer. While doing research, he realized that the trademark and recipe were up for grabs.
And a new business was born, called Baderbrau Brewery.
Fast forward to today, and Baderbrau is a staple on Chicago's southside.
They focus on drinkable ("crushable") beers, and while Baderbrau's Chicago Pilsener is the flagship, they make several other styles.
Listen in to this week's Drink This Beer. It's a great story.
- Don't forget to sign up for our Nuit Belge giveaway! We'll draw the winners on Thursday. If you're not the gambling type, click this link and buy tickets (Promo code BGR10 gets you $10 off!)
- Are you looking into building your own brewery? CRL Contracting can help!
- Sign up for THIS WEEK IN GEORGIA BEER (in the right column) and get Tim’s great listing of all events and releases for the week…and be entered to win some awesome swag!
- This week’s Beer Guys Radio features Ironmonger Brewing from Marietta, Georgia. Get it wherever you get your podcasts!
- Thanks for listening and supporting the show! If you like what you’re hearing and seeing, consider becoming a patron! Details here.